So Much for Tunnel Rat...

Goddamnit, Hasbro!

I've been working on this custom Tunnel Rat for a while, and you go and release a new figure! One that I actually like a lot (except for the lanky arms, but that can be fixed). So I'm left without motivation to finish him. Thanks a lot.

And O-M-G. Is that a little EOD bot accessory? Did somebody say "Battlefield 3 M-COM station playset"? 

I've actually got a pile of finished customs I've been meaning to share, I just haven't gotten around to photographing them. There's a neat little collapsible light booth at ThinkGeek that I've put on my Christmas list, that should facilitate better and more timely photography. I don't have room in my apartment for the abomination that is my current light booth.

Seriously, my whole kitchen table is paint and plastic parts from customs. This could be alleviated by, y'know, actually cleaning up after myself. But let's be realistic here.

There's an upside to abandoning Tunnel Rat, though. One failed project is another's beginning. I think he'll make a good starting point for an entirely original G.I. Joe character... Wi-Fi. Yes, as in wireless networking. Sure, the G.I. Joe universe already has its share of tech support, but we need a cool, hip character that speaks to the IT crowd of today.

When Snake Eyes inevitably drops his iPhone whilst battling Cobra, there won't be any Apple Stores around. True, the support characters have always been the least popular toys, but it's fertile territory for something new and interesting. They can't all be muscley, gun-toting commandos; hacking Cobra Commander's email and Facebook wall are important, too.

And rest assured, Wi-Fi will still get that cool t-shirt logo I promised. Something suitably nerdy. Suggestions welcome!

0 comments

Post a Comment