For Your Ears Only: GoldenEye: Source Beta 4 OST

"Seriously, guys! I gotta have more GoldenEye!"
--Bruce Dickinson/Max Zorin
Last month, I ran a review of sorts for the “GoldenEye: Source” OST (Beta 3). Well, it turns out that there’s a version 4 beta. And guess what? More cowbell! Wait, that’s not right. Although the soundtrack could very well have some cowbell mixed in.

The Beta 4 soundtrack is more or less an expansion; it includes every track from the Beta 3 version, with some new tracks and bonus material thrown in. The new tracks are really where it’s at, though. It was nice to see some new material that wasn’t covered in previous releases, like the St. Petersburg streets and Frigate level music.

There are two new artists in Beta 4: Yannick “GoldenZen” Zenhäusern and Sole Signal. Both bring some excellent original work, although Sole Signal (originally credited as “Audix”) remains the most prolific. I was slightly disappointed to get yet another remix of Facility and Caverns. I say slight because even though all versions kick ass, I’d like to see something fresh in its place.

If you haven’t downloaded any previous versions of “GoldenEye: Source” soundtrack, Beta 4 is an excellent place to start. You get all the classics, plus some really sick new beats. In fact, some of my personal favorites are from this version. Check this:




Tell me that doesn't make you want to go pick up "GoldenEye 007" again! So quit screwing around with previews and reviews and get the real deal here. All this talk about "GoldenEye" is getting me pumped for the Wiimake of the game, which I will soon be playing on my new Nintendo Wii.

I couldn't find a video to embed for my favorite track, "Bacon Flavored Vodka." It's as delicious as it sounds.

0 comments

Post a Comment