Video Games Live-ish

If you've never had the chance to Video Games Live in concert (and shame on you if you passed up the chance), then you're in luck! PBS will be televising one of the performances on July 31. Check you local listings, etc.

I got free tickets to see VGL at Western Michigan University's Miller Auditorium last year. It was spectacular! I even interviewed co-founder Tommy Tallarico (he's kind of a big deal). Check out the article I wrote for the Western Herald for more.

I'm not sure if the televised version will convey any or all of the emotional impact of a live performance. I remember crying when they played themes from "Metroid." Those were the tears of a happy man! I also recall a kid dressed as Link getting tossed out by security. Apparently, they weren't too keen on his sword.

I'll have to see if I can dig up the pic I took with Darth Vader. Don't ask me why he was there. I heard the 501st likes to attend the show. I wonder if they do weddings?

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Watch for Video Games Live on PBS later this month. See, public television is good for something!

0 comments

Post a Comment