World of StarCraft

StarCraft II was released today.

Millions of people around the world (mostly in South Korea) rejoiced.

I am not one of them.

I never played the first StarCraft or the expansions. RTS games were never my forte. Besides, I was always more of a console gamer anyway. The PC always seemed so cold and impersonal.

I'm not sure what all these people see in StarCraft, but maybe that's because I never gave it a chance. However, I'll counter that with the hoopla over Halo 2 and Halo 3, an example of how a decent -- if disappointing -- game can still have such a rabid following.

Sometimes, it's good to have different tastes from the mainstream. Blizzard won't be going bankrupt without my money, and I don't care to sit clicking on Zergs and Marines all day.

But cheers to all you StarCraft fans out there, I hope your experience is everything you've imagined.

0 comments

Post a Comment